Sunday, January 21, 2018

I'm Back

Hi everyone.  I am extremely sorry for the absolute lack of posts.  I was hoping on keeping this blog updated, at least once a week, but only managed to make one post.  That was two years ago.  Now I'm a year, soon to be two years older, and have a new perspective. 

When I created this blog, I aimed to help teenagers, and family of teenagers dealing with Sensory Processing Disorder.  Me, being a teen, and having SPD, made me feel as if I could give valuable insight.  However, after my first post, I felt as if it wasn't my place to write about it.  So, I kinda shoved the blog aside, and continued life, with it sitting in the back of my head.  Soon, I realized that my SPD was gone (so I thought) and I almost completely removed any thought of the blog.  However, everything changed.

I thought I had effectively "grown out" of SPD, so there was no longer a point for me to write.  However, I was wrong.  It wasn't until I realized that I still get bothered by the feel of sand, random touching, slight noises and movements, that I still do have it.  However, I also realized, that I was able to deal with it better, making me feel as if it was gone.  That is when it hit me, that I should continue with the blog, and continue to update more-so than I have (which shouldn't be difficult, considering I aim to hit a minimum of a post a week).  However, sadly that wasn't enough for me to be able to restart.  I still felt as if there wasn't really anything for me to write about, other than learning to deal with SPD.  However, I eventually saw that there was plenty to write about.

Besides writing about techniques to help deal and live with SPD, and function as "normal" I realized I still can write about experiences that I still have.  I realized that I still do have problems with SPD, but just try to blame them on anything else, so I don't use SPD as a "crutch."  That, however, changed when I "matured" (a whole 1 year, that's a lot :) ).  So, I am back, to begin writing again.

The big question is what is there to write about, but luckily, I have that answer: Anything and Everything relating to living with Sensory Processing Disorder.  I am to write at least one post a week, either focusing on a technique I use to cope, or something that I encountered that bothered my, and how I dealt with it (hopefully to show different things that can bother SPDers (<- is that a word?)), and what can be done while living with SPD (examples as to show SPD can't hold you back)  So in short, the blog will be about a Teen Living with SPD. 

I once again apologize for the lack of posts, but there will be more.  I plan on writing at least one more for today, and another this week.  The next one will be an updated bio, and the following will be an issue? (I don't know about that yet, but it'll be something good).

Thanks again.  Until next time, keep sensing (still haven't come up with a better closer).

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment